NOTE: Events shown on the calendar above are limited to events that require registration
Regional Conferences, Workshops and Retreats
- Spring Mingle, Illustrator’s Day & WIK
FIND WRITING AND ILLUSTRATING FRIENDS at our regional conferences featuring Children’s Book Industry Professionals ready to help you take your career to the next level! More information when faculty is finalized. Registration will open in December, 2019.
- Writers’ and Illustrators’ Retreats
Want to help organize a retreat in your area? Southern Breeze is an all volunteer organization. We depend on the support of our member volunteers to set up and schedule local events in our region. If you want to have a writers or illustrators’ retreat, contact your Local Liaison and work with them to set up an event that you would want to attend. No Local Liaison in your area? Volunteer! Contact our Membership Coordinator will provide you with information about the volunteer job.
Want to share your knowledge in our Conferences, Workshops, and Local Events? complete the form to propose a presentation!
(may not be shown on calendar above)
December 5th: “Writing Middle Grade vs, Young Adult”, at Hampton Park Library in Cumming, GA: https://events.forsythpl.org/event/3212539
- March 13-14 2020, Writing & Illustrating for Kids conference, Birmingham, AL
Are you a children’s librarian, author or illustrator?
Do you have a children’s book signing or other children’s writing or illustrating event coming up?
Let us know about YOUR local event so we can add it to our Breezers in Your Neighborhood schedule and regional calendar!
For more SCBWI events around the world, visit https://www.scbwi.org/events-home/
Recurring Local Events
- Manuscript Exchange – Juliette Hampton Morgan Library, 245 High Street, Montgomery, AL – A monthly meeting to be held on the second Sunday of each month.
- Open Critique groups – Birmingham: Night Writers and Lunch Bunch, contact the Local Liaison for Birmingham to be notified of dates for meetings.
- Let us know about YOUR local event!
Need a gift for that writer or illustrator in your life? Treat them to an upcoming SCBWI Southern Breeze conference!
Contact Southern-Breeze@scbwi.org for a gift code just for you!