Regional Conferences, Workshops and Retreats
click here for Workshop Session Proposal Form (used for both conferences, workshops, and local events)
- Oct. 10 Professionally Personal: How to Compel Agents in One Page or Less webinar with Agent Hannah Mann of Writers House
- Oct. 14 The Illustrators' Experience webinar with AD Guiseppe Castellano
- October 18 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Free workshop with Ruth Spiro: CORRAL THE CREATIVE CHAOS! Athens, GA
- Nov. 5 Nonfiction Webinar with Erica Zappy Wainer
- Nov. 18 Novel Writing Workshop with Connie Fleming and Susan Spain, Lithonia, GA
March 10-11, 2018 wik’18 and Illustrators' Day Spain Park High School, Birmingham, AL
- March 2019, Voyagers'19, TBA
For more SCBWI events, visit http://www.scbwi.org/events-home/
Recurring Local Events
Manuscript Exchange in the reference area of the Juliette Hampton Morgan Library, 245 High Street, Montgomery, AL – A monthly meeting to be held on the second Sunday of each month.
Open Critique groups in Birmingham: Night Writers every other Thursday night, Lunch Bunch every other Wednesday at noon.
Special occasion or holiday coming up? Need a gift for that writer or illustrator in your life? Treat them to an upcoming SCBWI Southern Breeze conference!