Regional Conferences, Workshops and Retreats
- Spring Mingle, Illustrator’s Day & WIK
JOIN YOUR TRIBE at our regional conferences featuring Children’s Book Industry Professionals ready to help you take your career to the next level!
- Writer’s Retreat
Dedicate time to your craft in our regional writer’s retreat
Share your knowledge in our Conferences, Workshops, and Local Events
- September 21, 2019 1:00 pm: free Workshop at the Five Forks branch of the Gwinnett County Library in Lawrenceville, GA. Panel Q & A and peer critiques
- October 5, 2019 10:30 am: free workshop at Hampton Park Library, Cumming, GA. Panel “Confessions of a Kidlit Critique Group”
- October 6, 2019 Sunday Write-in! location and time TBD
- October 12, 2019 10:00 am: free workshop at Starland Studios, 115 W. 42nd Street, Savannah, GA 31405. author/illustrator Phyllis Tildes will share her methods and publication journey.
- March 13-14 2020, Writing & Illustrating for Kids conference, Birmingham, AL.
For more SCBWI events around the world, visit https://www.scbwi.org/events-home/
Recurring Local Events
- Manuscript Exchange – Juliette Hampton Morgan Library, 245 High Street, Montgomery, AL – A monthly meeting to be held on the second Sunday of each month.
- Open Critique groups – Birmingham: Night Writers every other Thursday night, Lunch Bunch every other Wednesday at noon.
- Find YOUR local event!
Need a gift for that writer or illustrator in your life? Treat them to an upcoming SCBWI Southern Breeze conference!
Contact Southern-Breeze@scbwi.org for a gift code just for you!