Regional Conferences, Workshops and Retreats
click here for Workshop Session Proposal Form (used for both conferences, workshops, and local events)
- Jan 20 Illustrator Webinar with London Ladd
- Jan 20 Free Local Event at Huntsville Main Library Auditorium, 10:00 – 12:00 AM with Susan Eaddy author/illustrator and MidSouth SCBWI Regional Advisor
- Jan 20 Picture Book Webinar series
- Jan 30 FREE Athens-Clarke County Library (sponsored by Avid Bookstore), Newbery Medal winner Matt de la Peña and illustrator Loren Long 6:30-7:30
- Feb 2-4 SCBWI Winter Conference, NY, NY Sold OUT!
- Feb 3 FREE Columbus/Pine Mountain Event with Betsy Hollis Frey 9:30-11:30 AM Longleaf Library/Post Office email email@example.com for details
- Feb 17 Writing Non-Fiction Webinar with Nancy Castellado
- Feb 22 Webinar: “A Master Class on Plot + 3-Act Structure,” with Sheryl Scarborough, 7:30 p.m. CST
- March 10-11, 2018 wik’18 and Illustrators’ Day Spain Park High School, Birmingham, AL (Early Bird Registration ends Dec. 31)
- Sept 20-23 Southern Breeze Unprogramed Retreat, Cullman, AL
- Aug 3-6 SCBWI Summer Conference, Los Angeles, CA
- March 2019, Voyagers’19, TBA
For more SCBWI events around the world, visit https://www.scbwi.org/events-home/
ALWAYS AVAILABLE: SCBWI Podcasts
Recurring Local Events
Manuscript Exchange in the reference area of the Juliette Hampton Morgan Library, 245 High Street, Montgomery, AL – A monthly meeting to be held on the second Sunday of each month.
Open Critique groups in Birmingham: Night Writers every other Thursday night, Lunch Bunch every other Wednesday at noon.
Special occasion or holiday coming up? Need a gift for that writer or illustrator in your life? Treat them to an upcoming SCBWI Southern Breeze conference! Contact Southern-Breeze@scbwi.org for a gift code just for you!